There is more to Kombu Kitchen then just getting meals delivered to your doorstep but in fact, it is a lifestyle. Kombu Kitchen is a promise that you will make your best effort to strive to be the best version of yourself.
Hello everyone! My name is Alex and I’ll be a frequent contributor to the blog moving forward. I will be covering a wide range of important topics from food to health. Unfortunately, I realized that it would be difficult to contribute to something when I haven’t personally tried the product myself. This was quickly changed when I was kindly offered a week’s worth of Kombu meals to try out. This was my experience.
If you are unfamiliar with Kombu Kitchen, it is a weekly meal delivery service that provides nutritionally balanced menus each week. Kombu makes everything from scratch using organic and local ingredients whenever possible. Kombu does not use any butter, flour, or processed sugars in their meals.
The menus are created by nationally-awarded, Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef Kristen, who invents new plant-powered and paleo recipes weekly. Each meal uses exciting flavor combinations that are healthy and easy to heat and serve.
I was incredibly excited to try Kombu Kitchen for the week. The service had great reviews and the idea of a week’s worth of personalized meals delivered to my door was a deal that I could not pass up. If you live a hectic lifestyle where cooking for yourself every night and eating healthy, balanced meals throughout the week just seems impossible, Kombu Kitchen is just perfect.
It was the morning of September 26th. I had just returned from my morning run when I received a phone call from a Kombu Kitchen delivery representative. My delivery had just arrived at my door as described. The package came in an insulated blue container filled with individually packaged meals. Inside was a note which described the contents of the package and each meal.
The Weekly Meal Package Contained: 4 entrée’s, 3 breakfast meals, 1 soup, 1 salad, 1 grain, 1 dessert, and 1 snack.
- Entrée: Southwest Quinoa Bowl + Cilantro Sauce
- Entrée: Rice Noodle Pad Thai + Almonds
- Entrée: Stuffed Peppers
- Entrée: Vegetable Sautéed Rice + Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Soup: Mushroom Soup
- Salad: Chopped Salad
- Grain: Brown Rice
- Vegetable: Roasted Beets + Collard Greens
- Breakfast: Toasted Coconut No-Gurt
- Breakfast: Southwest Breakfast Sauté
- Breakfast: Almond Butter Bars
- Dessert: Raw Donuts
- Snack: Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
I was impressed by how well organized the meals were and the variety that was included. Every meal looked fresh and the portions were very generous. I could not believe how much food was in each container.
After the week was over and I had tried (and finished) all the meals that were included in my Kombu Kitchen Package. I have a few thoughts about Kombu Kitchen, which meals were my favorite and the service overall.
- Vegetable Sautéed Rice and Lemon Pepper Salmon: This meal was my absolute favorite, the sautéed vegetable rice was amazing with fantastic flavors and the lemon pepper salmon was wonderfully flaky and moist, I still wish I had some more.
- Almond Butter Bars: After a run or session at the gym, the almond butter bars were the perfect snack. The bars were well portioned, hearty and exactly what I needed to keep moving.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread: The Chocolate Hazelnut Spread can make anything taste better. I had it over wheat toast for breakfast and it did the trick. I found myself licking the spoon afterward; a very fun treat.
- Rice Noodle Pad Thai with Almonds: I am in love with Thai food and I could not image actually liking a healthy alternative to Pad Thai. I was happily proven wrong. The Rice Noodle Pad Thai satisfied my Pad Thai cravings and the almonds added great texture to the dish as a whole.
- Stuffed Peppers: The stuffed peppers were the most exciting dish for me. I’ve never had anything like it. The filling was very tasty and well balanced overall. I had the peppers with the brown rice and roasted beets with collard greens.
I cannot be any more satisfied with the Kombu Kitchen. The Service was simple, easy, and an incredible value. For anyone who is constantly on the move, I highly recommend trying Kombu Kitchen. They are always working on new menu ideas and promotions. You can visit their website at Kombukitchen.com or give them a call at 617- 939-9138.
*DISCLAIMER: These experiences were my own and by no means were made up to promote Kombu Kitchen, everything that I’ve written is my own honest thoughts and opinions.